Will of William Pugh Ferrand Sr. 1750-1813

1800 ONSLOW COUNTY CENSUS
ONSLOW COUNTY, NC - WILL BOOK A - William Ferrand, 30 Aug 1813
 
In the name of God, Amen:  I, William Ferrand, of the town of Swansboro and the County of Onslow, being at present of sound and disposing mind but aware of the uncertainty tenure of life, do make and constitute this my last will and testament.  It is my desire that my body be decently buried in the confidence and hope of a Christian (burial).  I commend my soul to the God who gave it, as to the worldly property with which he hath blessed to entrust me with, I give and bequeath as followeth:

To my beloved wife Ann K. Ferrand, I give and devise for and during the term of her natural life, the following tract or parcels of land: a piece of one hundred and forty nine acres lying in the County of Carteret in the mouth of Peteias (Pelitier?) Creek, it being the land I purchased of Capt. Isaac Hill. Also, a tract of two hundred acres lying on Rudy Branch of said County of Carteret, it being the land I purchased of John Green Lent, also one other tract of two hundred acres lying also in said County of Carteret on said Rudy Branch and joining the last mentioned tract, it being the land I purchased of Armsthad Hatchel.  I also give and devise to my said wife Ann K. Ferrand, for and during the term of her natural life, my house and lot in the town of Swansboro on which I now live and also the unimproved lot joining said lot, these two lots being known in plan of said town by the numbers one and two.  I also give and devise to my said wife Ann, for and during the term of her natural life, one other unimproved lot in said town of Swansboro, distinguished in plan of said town by the number seven.  I further give and bequeath to my beloved wife Ann K. Ferrand my Negro men Charles, Jacob, & John Pine, my Negro woman Sophia and her child Hager, to her, her executors, administrators and assigns forever.  And to my said wife Ann I further give and bequeath all of my household and kitchen furniture, to her and her assigns forever.

I give and bequeath to my youngest child, Edward Starkey Ferrand, my Negro man George and my Negro boy Horace, to him the said Edward and his assigns forever.

I give and bequeath to my son Kilby Jones Ferrand my Negro woman Jinny and my Negro boy John, to him the said Kilby and his assigns forever.

To my child in ventre sa mere with which my wife is now pregnant, I give and bequeath my Negro girl Philis and my Negro woman Hager to my said child and its assigns forever.

To my well beloved son Stephen Lee Ferrand of the town of Salisbury, I give and devise the undivided half or moiety of my Turkey point plantation lying on Stump Sound in the County of Onslow to him, my said son Stephen, his heirs and assigns forever.  I also give my said son Stephen lee Ferrand, my Negro man Mustapha, also Negro woman Nancy and a Negro boy Ceasar, which he now has in his possession, to him, his executors, administrators and assigns forever.

To my well beloved son William P. Ferrand, I give and devise undivided half or moiety of my said Turkey Point plantation lying on Stump Sound, to him my said son William, his heirs and assigns forever.  I further give and bequeath to my son William P. Ferrand my Negro man Ceasar, my boy Virgil, to him, his executors, administrators and assigns forever.  It is further my will and desire that my stock, horses, farming utensils and all the remainder of my moveable property not herein disposed of, be sold by my executor and the proceeds of said sale, together with the debt that may be due to me, I wish to be applied in the first place to the payment and satisfaction of all my just creditors, and whatever balance may remain of said fund, I give and bequeath to my son William P. Ferrand who will have the burden of the executor of this my last will.

And I do accordingly appoint my said son William P. Ferrand my sole executor of this my last will and testament, this 30th of August 1813.
                                                            William Ferrand (seal)
USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profitor for presentation by other persons or organizations. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor.  The submitter has given permission to the USGenWeb Archives to store the file permanently for free access. This file was contributed for use in the North Carolina USGenWeb Archives by: Beverly Cole